The Wingback Mechanical Pen should generally operate maintenance free. Brass will develop a unique patina over time and can be polished back to its original lustre using Brasso and a soft cloth. Stainless steel surfaces will maintain a crisp surface finish without any extra care.
If the mechanism begins to feel slow or rough you can maintain it by following these steps.
1. Remove the mechanism by turning the crown anticlockwise.
2. Remove the screw using a flat head screwdriver.
3. Clean all mechanism parts thoroughly with warm soapy water.
4. Dry parts and reassemble.
5. Apply a small amount of PTFE based lubricant into the mechanism channel (available from any bike shop).
6. Leave to dry and wipe off any excess moisture.
7. Reassemble the pen. Good as new.